• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Test Project

This topic is 3893 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, i just got my Visual C++ installed on computer. I got a feedback at javascript n PHP about programming, but i would want to learn some C. Since i got the Visual C++ i dont need any other program to run C++ (i supose) so i would want a test game, or test project, a small simple game made by someone where i can manage to change the code in some small parts, n see "what this n that does". I Would wish to download this kinda stuff, but i cannot find it, can someone enlight me up with a download link for that kinda stuff, or tell me im going the wrong way to learn C++, what would ya say ?

Advertisement
I say you can't just expect to make a game out of the blue. You need to learn lots of things before actually making one. It should take about one week and a half before even going to windows consoles, well that was the time for me to read my first book.

Check out the Books section for what you should get into.

I learnt with Beginning C++ game programming 1st edition... Taught me all I need.

You can make your own simple games while learning, of course.

And if someone tells you C++ is too hard, well, I found it to be easy.

Quote:
Original post by _zi
I Would wish to download this kinda stuff, but i cannot find it...

Look around on Sourceforge and Happy Penguin (Linux-oriented, but some of them are multiplatform). Also look on the sites for specific tools/technologies like OGRE and SDL.

Quote:
...or tell me im going the wrong way to learn C++, what would ya say?

There's no one correct way to learn C++. Just be patient; it can be difficult to learn, but it can also be quite rewarding.

ill be surely dedicated, i went to sourceforge and i got no test game to fuss on. I wont try to make a game at this start, just wanna look at one done, to see how it works. Can u gimme the link of something intresting made so i can learn ?

I remember downloading the source of this game on that site some time ago, should probably still be there, look around for a bit :) It even looks like it could have more things that might interest you (or me ;) ).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement