• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Test Project

This topic is 3985 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, i just got my Visual C++ installed on computer. I got a feedback at javascript n PHP about programming, but i would want to learn some C. Since i got the Visual C++ i dont need any other program to run C++ (i supose) so i would want a test game, or test project, a small simple game made by someone where i can manage to change the code in some small parts, n see "what this n that does". I Would wish to download this kinda stuff, but i cannot find it, can someone enlight me up with a download link for that kinda stuff, or tell me im going the wrong way to learn C++, what would ya say ?

Advertisement
I say you can't just expect to make a game out of the blue. You need to learn lots of things before actually making one. It should take about one week and a half before even going to windows consoles, well that was the time for me to read my first book.

Check out the Books section for what you should get into.

I learnt with Beginning C++ game programming 1st edition... Taught me all I need.

You can make your own simple games while learning, of course.

And if someone tells you C++ is too hard, well, I found it to be easy.

Quote:
Original post by _zi
I Would wish to download this kinda stuff, but i cannot find it...

Look around on Sourceforge and Happy Penguin (Linux-oriented, but some of them are multiplatform). Also look on the sites for specific tools/technologies like OGRE and SDL.

Quote:
...or tell me im going the wrong way to learn C++, what would ya say?

There's no one correct way to learn C++. Just be patient; it can be difficult to learn, but it can also be quite rewarding.

ill be surely dedicated, i went to sourceforge and i got no test game to fuss on. I wont try to make a game at this start, just wanna look at one done, to see how it works. Can u gimme the link of something intresting made so i can learn ?

I remember downloading the source of this game on that site some time ago, should probably still be there, look around for a bit :) It even looks like it could have more things that might interest you (or me ;) ).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!