• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] XNA - NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException - Direct3D 9 not available *** solved

This topic is 3961 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, after some time of non-programming i thought i could give XNA a try. So i re-installed Visual C# express 2005, sp1 and afterwards XNAGSE. I wanted to start a simple project, therefore I chose "windows game". Every time I debug this project (with no changes of the code) I get the following (german) error message: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException wurde nicht behandelt. Message="Direct3D 9 is not available. This could be the result of using Remote Desktop or a corrupted DirectX 9 installation." Source="Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game" StackTrace: bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice(GraphicsDeviceInformation newInfo) bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate) bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.IGraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice() bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run() bei WindowsGame2.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\projekte\c#\WindowsGame2\WindowsGame2\Program.cs:Zeile 14. I tried installing the newest DX9-SDK (June 2007), but that changed nothing. Repairing XNAGSE also doesn´t have any positive effect... does ne1 has a clue? thanks in advance bra10 System: P4 2.4, 768mb, nvidia 6800gs 256mb --------- solved!! what a mess. i manually deleted a lot of old managed dx9-dll in c:\windows. de-installed XNAGSE and reinstalled it. now i see a nice blue xna-window... [Edited by - braten on June 22, 2007 4:03:35 PM]

Advertisement
Which nVidia drivers are you running? Do any other Direct3D 9 games/demos complain when running on your system?

Regards,
ViLiO

no. no other software complains about directx drivers.

i have installed the newest forceware driver (i own the 7600gs card about 2 weeks)

it´s strange. when i try to start some managed direct x-samples (which come with the sdk) i get a comparable error "failed creating the Direct3D device".

bra10

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement