• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Stencyl

At the Recommendation of Many Users...

This topic is 4188 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

STENCYL http://www.stencyl.com/about/ The Stencyl Engine is the silent but powerful type. A powerful system waits underneath the user-friendly facade. - Runs at 60 frames per second at minimum requirements. - Powered by OpenGL. - Hardware accelerated scaling, rotation and alpha blending. - Supports isometric games, "Mode 7" games and networked games. - Runs in windowed mode or full screen. - Arbitrary number of sprite layers and unlimited background/foreground layers scrolling in parallax. - FMOD enables sound streaming, 3D sound effects, mixing, and compatibility with most sound formats. - Full keyboard, mouse and joypad/gamepad support.

Advertisement
Looks good. (Edit: It does, really. Too bad I refuse to ever recommend it to anybody due to your insistence on spamming our site)

You should get a few teams together to build demo content... using copyrighted material like that is just asking for a cease-and-desist.

[Edited by - JBourrie on June 22, 2007 8:32:51 PM]

Hello. I am the Founder / Project Manager for Stencyl. While I am thrilled to see an enthusiastic user post in our name, the post above was not made by anybody affiliated with us, and we do not endorse such practices.

If anything, I am trying to reduce the hype, so we can keep the community under control. It has never been our policy to spam advertise sites. We simply don't need it since the users have done all the work for us without our bidding. Plus it ticks people like the above off. I hope that those people see this reply and reconsider because such advertisements hurt our image even though we did not make them.

In other news, just earlier today, somebody impersonated me and made a "fake" announcement, so I'm a bit irked to see a second instance of this.

I just want to clear this up, and if this continues, we will have to take measures to curb it.

- Jon

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!