• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
xiuhcoatl

Just an FYI - VS2003 bug.

This topic is 4015 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I dont know if anyone is still using VS2003, but I ran into a rather odd error today while building some stuff at the office (Its updated..):
struct PATTERN
{
	PATTERN();
	~PATTERN();

unsigned int	m_offset;
	void*		m_data;
};

Thats about as vanilla as it gets in my world and 2003 was essentially coming back with the 1003 - internal compiler error message... which redirects you to paid support (I know you can get a refund if it turns out to be their fault.. but come on...). After piddling around for a while it turns out the PATTERN is defined in wingdi.h as:
 typedef LOGBRUSH            PATTERN; 
Clearly some namespacing or renaming would prevent this, but since it was esoteric (and the error message was so informative) I figured I would mention it here in case anyone else was running into something similar. cheers. #dth-0

Advertisement
Have you posted this to the MSDN forums or perhaps a Visual Studio-related newsgroup? That would seem advisable in this case; I'm sure they would enjoy hearing of this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!