Just an FYI - VS2003 bug.

Started by
0 comments, last by BITWISE CHE 16 years, 10 months ago
I dont know if anyone is still using VS2003, but I ran into a rather odd error today while building some stuff at the office (Its updated..):

struct PATTERN
{
	PATTERN();
	~PATTERN();

unsigned int	m_offset;
	void*		m_data;
};

Thats about as vanilla as it gets in my world and 2003 was essentially coming back with the 1003 - internal compiler error message... which redirects you to paid support (I know you can get a refund if it turns out to be their fault.. but come on...). After piddling around for a while it turns out the PATTERN is defined in wingdi.h as:
 typedef LOGBRUSH            PATTERN; 
Clearly some namespacing or renaming would prevent this, but since it was esoteric (and the error message was so informative) I figured I would mention it here in case anyone else was running into something similar. cheers. #dth-0
"C and C++ programmers seem to think that the shortest distance between two points is the great circle route on a spherical distortion of Euclidean space."Stephen Dewhurst
Advertisement
Have you posted this to the MSDN forums or perhaps a Visual Studio-related newsgroup? That would seem advisable in this case; I'm sure they would enjoy hearing of this.
"I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement