• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
madx

3dsmax to X file Exporter

This topic is 4192 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Everybody, Just joined the forum. I am writing a game and need a Max to X file exporter. I have tried Pandasoft (which is really good by the way) and kW X-port as well but they both dont export an LOD version of my model properly so im writing one using the old sample by Microsoft as a base for the max plugin. Problem is there is a Bip01_Footsteps frame (Node in Max terms) which isnt part of the model that is exported as well. How can i identify this node (besides using like strcmp(pNode->NodeName(), "Bip01_footsteps")) while parsing the node chain, in order to eliminate it from the linked lists of nodes (frames in directX) that i write to X file? Pls help.

Advertisement
bip01_* indicates its a bone, when you export from max you can check to see if an INode is a bone. check the max sdk help file for more info

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!