• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chefgon_ign

Problem with music and XACT for XNA

This topic is 4189 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've got a couple of WAV files for music that sound perfectly fine in Media Player, but no matter what I do they sound terrible after I send them through XACT and play them in the game. I have tried both ADPCM at various levels and regular PCM. The quality varies slightly, but they all sound awful. It is very echoy, like it was recorded in a small bathroom. Is there any way to get the music in the game to sound identical to my original WAV files?

Advertisement
Funny story. The tutorial I was following had the music starting by pressing a key. They didn't have any check to make sure the sound only starts once, so in the time it takes you to release that key the sound has started many times and is playing over itself. Thus, the echo sound.

It sounds fine now.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!