• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
spaceJockey123

Quick programming tasks

This topic is 4136 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm bored out of my mind this morning. I feel like I need to get some work done, I seem to be forgetting how to program as I haven't written anything for weeks. A few months ago I found this really good website. It had little problem solving tasks which tested your programming skills. It had the sort of tasks which could be finished in an hour or more which is exactly what I need rather than a big project! Unfortunately I lost the website. Can someone suggest something similar or at least a make up a problem for me? Thanks, Space J

Advertisement
Here are some ideas:
Huffman coding
A* pathfinding
A heap (for min/maxqueues)
A pixel*pixel tile engine
A particle engine

All of these are relatively small programming tasks, and the code they produce may prove useful later on. Happy programming :)

May be you can join as a freelance programmer in few websites and make few bucks as well.

//removed spammish signature.

[Edited by - jbadams on October 27, 2007 6:47:02 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!