• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Lidestro

Dodgy SDLK_ modifier keys

This topic is 4105 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

There's something dodgy about the SDLK_LSHIFT and the other modifiers keys under Windows isn't it? Strange things hanppen when I try to use them, they don't seem to send their SDL_KEYDOWN and SDL_KEYUP when they should... Sometimes the do, sometimes they don't. Sometimes ctrl key seems to generate SDL_KEYDOWN for shift etc... Works good on Linux though.

Advertisement
I don't think they're that bad! You should always get reliable behaviour, even if that behaviour doesn't exactly match what you get from normal keys.

I read this post last night and decided to brush up my old SDL wrapper to test it out (since I never really used LSHIFT, CTRL, etc). Seems to work fine on my end though, responds on keydown and keyrelease - could it be your keyboard? Or could it be the way you loop the event processor?

Just some thoughts.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!