• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How do I use MySQL++?

This topic is 3861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is my first time using MySQL and I have followed a tutorial showing how to create your own database and table within the shell and add variables to it. Most of that seems relatively simple, but now I want to be able to write out to the database from a Visual Studios project and I am unsure of how to do so. I have searched many sites and have found that using MYSQL++ makes things simpler. After downloading it and staring over the instructions and readme files, I still have no clue on how to get things running. The documentation explains that you must run resetdb example which builds and populates the sample tables used by the other examples. When I do run it, it just says unable to connect to database. I am lost and confused on what to do and wish I had an easy step by step instruction on how to set things up correctly. Can someone please help me?

Advertisement
That would largely depend on how you plan to use MySQL. There is a visual studio plug-in for MySQL available at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/visual-studio-plugin/index.html Depending on how you are trying to utilize MySQL, you probably need to have your database and table structure already setup for the app you are building and access the existing database to store and lookup data. Can you give a little more detail on how you plan to use the database?

Randolph

Well I was looking to set up something to store client information for an MMORPG. Of course I would like to first start small and work my way up, but information such as client's name and objects each client contains and things of that sort.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement