• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[MDX]Flicker problem (I think)

This topic is 3959 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm sometimes facing strange flicker in windowed mode when I start my MDX 1.1 application which is based on the DirectX SDK's sample framework. All the scene is concerned, even the GUI. Is not really reproducible and often the flicker ends after resetting the device, e.g. by resizing the window slightly. Nevertheless, sometimes I have to restart the application. Where should I start looking for the reason? I read some threads about tearing, but as you can see on the left of this picture whole faces are just missing (the picture on the right is the desired one). As I understand, tearing does not show this behaviour. The sample framework is using the ApplicationIdle event to render the scene and it's running on a GF 7600GT. I did some adaptations to enable it to run within a Windows Control, could this lead to the flickering... Could you give me some advice? Thanks, Jack

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement