• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jamaicandude

Java for Good 3d games

This topic is 4017 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have tried to learn to program in many languages for i've found that C++ is hard C# is easier but not alot of info on using MDX and also when i found info on mdx xna came along. so i was searching for an easy language with ide that wasnt going to be outdated and i found java but i've been reading around the forums and everyone always says "Java is too slow for good gamedev". i dont know i'm easily persuaded thats i keep asking which one to go for. so my questions are is it really slower than C#? also for java3d does it offer performance comparable to an xna or a managed directx. and is JOGL performance good. thanks

Advertisement
I don't know exact benchmarks of what's faster java or C#, but I don't think it matters much as java is completely capable for creating 3D games. I know Tribal Trouble uses Java and is in 3D.

JOGL's performance is good yes, but most people recommend using a scene graph like jMonkeyEngine.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!