• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

silly question about FX Composer

This topic is 3893 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I'm a newbie in HLSL shader programming. I tried to implement a basic lighting model, diffuse + specular + ambient, in FX Composer. Althoug it is a default shader in FX Composer, I wanted to do it my self ( as a "Hello world" program), I followed the model found in "The CG tutorial", and the shader is not working the way it should. I took a look at the default FX Composer's shader. It calculates the eye vector using a World Space matrix while in Cg is used a viewProjection matrix, and light vectors are obtained in different way, in FX Composer a inverse transpose matrix is needed, and Cg's examples work with a common ViewProj matrix. Why those differences? Which one is the corret approach? //pdta: could you give a web link where I can find a detailed explannnation about semantics and annotations present n FX Composer [Edited by - papitorico on June 25, 2007 3:15:40 PM]

Advertisement
I'm afraid I can't answer your question. But because you stated that your a newbie you may find the following useful:
>HLSL Intrinsic Functions. I know it helped me a lot when I just started messing around with HLSL. I'm still pretty much a newbie at it, but slowly getting the hang of it.

-Paul

Hi, I have a problem with both FX Composer 2 Beta and with FX Composer 1.8.
I get error on startup: "Common Language Runtime Debugging Services..."

Here's my info:
GPU: GeForce FX 5200
DirectX: 9.0c
DX SDK: Microsoft DirectX SDK (February 2006), and

.NET 2.0 - MS Visual Studio 2005

Any suggestions??

Hi Kenan, try updating your DX SDK, I have the same problem with FX Composer 2 beta, but FX Composer 1.8 runs perfectly on my PC (a very old one PIII, gForce FX 5500, DX SDK Sept 2006),

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement