• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Win32 custom buttons

This topic is 3865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well this is more so a question as to what is the best way to go about custom graphic win32 controls. i know you can subclass a control but i seem to have problems with it knowing when its clicked. the other way is just to write a whole custom window from scratch. and the third way is not to use a control at all. but just draw it to the screen and do some crude collsion checking of sorts. what im doing is an educational piece of software that has mini games in it and i want to make it have abit of eye candy. ps what ways do they do it in the game industry. any links to informative tutorials or articules would be nice iv been looking but all i find are mfc and im not a fan of mfc to any degree. Regards Jouei.

Advertisement
Well for the most part i though all the tutorials on that site were MFC turns out there not and the other thing is almost every tutorial you find out there use a dialog box witch in my case i am not i can write my own owner drawen controls i was just woundering if that was the best way to go about it.

for instance

i sub classed a Win32 button but i cannot get the input witch would have left me with abit less codding to do and i was hopeing a few less global variables but in the end if i need to do it as a custom win32 control its not a big deal i was mostly just woundering what the pros do.

thanks for the reply if anyone else has anything to note id like to hear from you i will for the moment start to write my controls as custom win32 controls its not a big deal.

just curious as to what the best and most efficent way of doing it was without the use of a Dialog box witch i should have stated my bad , and not mfc, but to that point im sure i can convert some dialog box code rather easly.

thanks for your time.

Regards Jouei.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement