[Solved] ID3DXSprite, scaling and transparency

Started by
3 comments, last by Kiristu 16 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I'm using the ID3DXSprite interface to render 2D graphics. It works fine as it is, so I wanted to add a new effect: resizing the sprites using D3DXMatrixScaling and setTransform ... According to all documentation I found, it should work quite easily. But it doesn't, if I decrease the size X and Y from 1.0 to 0.6, my sprites become transparent, and are not visible anymore for 0.5 and less ... Another thing, if I set X scale = 0.5 (or less) and Y scale at, say, 1.0, then it works fine. So my code is something like:

D3DXMATRIX transMat;
D3DXMATRIX scaleMat;

dxSprite->SetTransform(D3DXMatrixTranslation(&transMat, x, y, 0));

D3DXMatrixMultiply(&transMat, D3DXMatrixScaling(&scaleMat, xScale, yScale, 0), &transMat);

dxSprite->SetTransform(&transMat);

dxSprite->Draw(
((LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9)gtexture),
&r,
¢er,
&D3DXVECTOR3(x, y, 0),
0xFFFFFFFF);

Any idea ??? Thanks, K. [Edited by - Kiristu on June 30, 2007 3:32:52 PM]
Advertisement
Hi there, this may be the thing you need is this

D3DXMatrixTransformation2D(
D3DXMATRIX *pOut,
CONST D3DXVECTOR2 *pScalingCenter,
FLOAT ScalingRotation,
CONST D3DXVECTOR2 *pScaling,
CONST D3DXVECTOR2 *pRotationCenter,
FLOAT Rotation,
CONST D3DXVECTOR2 *pTranslation

I'm still using the older Sprite at the moment.
Hi,

Even if my code is getting shorter and easier to read, there is still the same issue with color.

My code is now something like:

D3DXVECTOR2 scaling(size_h, size_v);D3DXVECTOR2 spriteCentre(width/2, height/2);D3DXVECTOR2 trans(x, y);D3DXMATRIX mat;D3DXMatrixTransformation2D(&transMat,NULL,0.0,&scaling,&spriteCentre,angle,&trans);dxSprite->SetTransform(&transMat);RECT r;HRESULT hres;r.left = xTexture;r.right = xTexture + width;r.top = yTexture;r.bottom = yTexture + height;hres = Globals::dxSprite->Draw(        ((LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9)gtextures),        &r,        NULL,        NULL,        0xFFFFFFFF);dxSprite->SetTransform(D3DXMatrixIdentity(&identMat));

As soon as the parameters are less than 1.0, the sprite is getting transparent, and it is nearly invisible at 0.5 (again, it won't be transparent if size_h or size_v is >= 1.0 !)

My sprite begin is:
dxSprite->Begin(D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND | D3DXSPRITE_SORT_TEXTURE);

Could this have any impact ??

Please help !

K.

[Edited by - Kiristu on June 27, 2007 2:20:42 PM]
I think my problmen *may* come fro, the texture format I've choosen (I'm not so at ease with all the parameters).

I store all my animation steps in a texture that I create with:

HRESULT res = D3DXCreateTexture(		  lpDirect3DDevice9,		  squareSize,		  squareSize,		  0,		  0,		  D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8,		  D3DPOOL_MANAGED,		  &pTexture);

I copy/paste the pictures using the D3DXLoadSurfaceFromFile function, in something like:

result = gtexture->GetSurfaceLevel(0, &pTexSurface);D3DXLoadSurfaceFromFile(pTexSurface,			NULL,			&r,			img1.c_str(),			NULL,			D3DX_FILTER_NONE,			colorKey,			NULL);result = pTexSurface->Release();

Am I right ?

Could this cause a problem while resizing the sprite where the texture is applied ??

Thanks,
K.
I finally found the "problem".

When I create my tecture using the following parameters:

HRESULT res = D3DXCreateTexture(	  Globals::lpDirect3DDevice9,	  Globals::squareSize,	  Globals::squareSize,	  0,	  0,	  D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8,	  D3DPOOL_MANAGED,	  &pTexture);

It does make the sprite transparent while resizing to smaller.

It is because of the mipmap parameter, I don't really understand why (I will have to when I will do 3D ... later ...), but if I put 1 instead of 0, the problem disappears.

HRESULT res = D3DXCreateTexture(	  Globals::lpDirect3DDevice9,	  Globals::squareSize,	  Globals::squareSize,	  1,	  0,	  D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8,	  D3DPOOL_MANAGED,	  &pTexture);

Hope this can help someone else one day ...

K.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement