• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chefgon_ign

Looking for input on my XNA Puzzle Game

This topic is 4067 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is a fairly straightforward falling-block puzzle game that I've been working on for fun in my spare time. Right now its pretty basic, but I'm going to jazz it up a little bit with some special items and powerups. Before I do that, I'd like some input on the core gameplay. If you're interested at all in puzzle games, please give it a try and let me know what you think. If you have any ideas, compliments, or criticisms, post them here so I can change it up now before I get in too deep. Here are a couple of screenshots Screen 1 Screen 2 Be sure to check out the Tutorial link in the Options menu before playing for a brief explanation of the rules. Because it is an XNA game, it requires the .NET and XNA frameworks in order to run. If you don't have XNA Game Studio Express installed, you can download the XNA framework here. If it still doesn't run, try updating to the latest version of DirectX 9.0c ..almost forgot! You need a link to download the game! Download [Edited by - chefgon_ign on June 29, 2007 12:45:48 AM]

Advertisement
Nice work. I played some. The graphics are great.

I would first consider trying to make the sound file (13 MB) smaller to help with the download size.

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely compress the music a little more because I have like six more tracks to add in later. Right now I just had such a difficult time getting the music to play at all that I was more worried about just making it work than having it as efficient as possible.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!