[.net] msdn alternative?

Started by
7 comments, last by Kaze 16 years, 9 months ago
this could be a stupid question but is there any copy of the documentation for C# anywhere in a form similar to the sun javadocs?, personally i find the somewhat bloated and slow msdn pages to be the most annoying thing about using c#
Advertisement
Visual Studio came with offline MSDN library DVDs last time I checked, though that might not be true for the Express Edition. You might try Ebay for copies of the MSDN library.
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
Visual Studio came with offline MSDN library DVDs last time I checked, though that might not be true for the Express Edition. You might try Ebay for copies of the MSDN library.

I'm sure there is a (legal) downloadable version of msdn, if I find the url I will post it here.

[edit]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b8704100-0127-4d88-9b5d-896b9b388313&DisplayLang=en
Here it is.

Don't worry, you shouldn't need to download most of the 2.25GB [smile]
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
ok thanks

il see if that is a bit nicer to use
There is also monodocs. It's for Mono, but it has most of the core libraries (System.*) in it and is pretty zippy.

http://www.go-mono.com/docs/

There is also a local version, but I don't know if it runs on Microsoft's CLR.
I believe the slowness is due to the TOC tree that is reloaded for every new article. Long ago the TOC and article were in different frames, which had minor layout issues but was a lot faster. You can try posting here regarding perf.

The Google Co-Op Search for MSDN?
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
mono docs look much nicer, i was planning on making my project mono-compatible anyway

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement