• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pixelhead

OpenGL glxmakecurrent + tck/tk and gtk

This topic is 4073 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi - I'm trying to add a file open dialog box via gtk or tcl/tk to my opengl app. I tried both with a multithreaded loader and it keeps on crashing on glXMakeCurrent(). Incidentally, the same code ported to Win32 works with MFC. Here's the setup: 1) in the main thread, the dialog box is opened. after the filename is retrieved, a file loader thread is launched. Inside that thread, a glxMakeCurrent() call is made to load the data. 2) While the file loader thread is working, the main thread renders a splash screen in another glxContext. The rendering contexts' are shared so I can render the loaded data from the main thread. It seems the X error occurs after the file loader thread finishes. Before, I did not explicitly reset the file loader thread rendering context before it exits and it crashes on glxMakeCurrent (does the context automatically get reset when the thread exits?). I added an explicit glxMakeCurrent( None, NULL ) and it still crashes. Is there some thread locks or something I need to do for X? Or does someone know if Tcl/Tk or GTK is doing something to the rendering context behind the scenes? Thanks, Daren

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!