• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
icemanxp

having issues with glGenTextures?

This topic is 4105 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
The body of your message is obviously left off, so I will try to explain my only issue with this procedure (it's the most common I guess).

Sometimes it doesn't generate the texture correctly if I don't explicitly set all the parameters to some values (particularly NVIDIA drivers do that for some reason).
So after generating a texture, set it as current and set up all the parameters to some values (filtering at least seemed to cause problems to me).

Kulik0, maybe you did not generate the mipmaps. By default, the min filter is set to GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST so if you don't generate the mipmaps, you have a incomplete texture object.
Use glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP, GL_TRUE)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!