• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sharkaudio

DSP reverb for XBOX 360 (Xact)

This topic is 4129 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! Im a soundengineer working on a titel using the Xact tool for xbox360, not PC. The Global DSP setting called Microsoft Reverb works perfectly using XACT 2.0 authoring tool. The problem now is to implement code for the DSP effect to work in the gameengine. The game crashes if I attach sounds to the reverb. Does anyone know where to find documentation/examples so the guys Im working with can get the reverb to work in thier engine? We have read the XDK documentation without figuring out what to do. any help is appreciated Thanks ----------------- AudioConsole 6132 Xact v2.0

Advertisement
For your own sake, this really isn't the right place to discuss this!

Discussion of things in the Xbox 360 XDK is covered by the NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) your company signed to obtain the XDK. Your employment contract probably includes a clause about trade/company secrets; every employment contract I've ever signed certainly has...

This is a very public forum where the majority of users are not Xbox developers so anyone answering your question here could very well be in violation of the NDA (directly or indirectly through their employment contract).

I'd suggest the official xds360.audio and xds360.audioauthoring newsgroups for peer help on this (you should have your own Xbox360 Central account, see there for login/access details. If you don't have an account, have stern words with the lead programmer/tech director! [smile]). For more pressing issues contact XDS/GameDS (see the FAQ in the Introduction of the SDK docs for the email address) or email your TGM.

The SDK samples are also quite handy, I can see a couple that could be relevent (but I'm not an audio guy so don't know how relevent).

He might be using XNA and Game Studio Express. It comes with XACT. I don't have any expertise to handle the question though, my sound editing with it has been very limited so far.

Quote:
Original post by GroZZleR
He might be using XNA and Game Studio Express. It comes with XACT. I don't have any expertise to handle the question though, my sound editing with it has been very limited so far.

Possible, but I would have expected him/her to have mentioned 'XNA' somewhere in the post and not to have used the term XDK... [smile]

If the OP was about XNA, discuss away, otherwise beware the potential legal consequences.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!