• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

OOP Programming in C++ By Robert Lafore - is it good ?

This topic is 3982 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is the book, Object Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore good? Not many books are available where I live. Just want to check with you guys if the books is alright and doesn't teach any "wrong" stuff. I am not a complete c++ newbie, just rusty and looking to brush up my c++ skills and also wanted a book for reference.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by hanifv
Not many books are available where I live.

You should really try out amazon. I had hard times getting books too until I found out how nice that site was (there are TONS of programming books, including some very specialized that few "physical" bookstores have).

Thanks a lot guys. Most reviews I read suggest that its a good book. Some of the reviews say its not good for complete beginners, but since I am not one, I will be fine. I can't buy online for now, so amazon won't be helpful. But I will go and buy this from the book store today. Thanks again guys.

4 1/2 stars (out of 5) from 25 reviewers on Amazon can't be too bad. I haven't read it but I'd suggest "Pragmatic Programmer", "Code Complete" and "Object-Oriented Design Patterns".

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!