Loading images from RAM to graphics card memory? (big maps problem)

Started by
10 comments, last by nb 16 years, 9 months ago
Oh well, seems like i dont even need such megatexture system, i dont really have that big textures. Although that megatexturing sounds very interesting, i want to try it later when i have learned more :)

I might just need that RAM to GPU RAM system, with what keywords i should search that from google how to do it under openGL? I dont really know anything about those things...
Advertisement
DUDE!!! Without myself going back and re-reading all the posts I think at least THREE people have replied that "you don't need to worry about it the computer does all of the worrying for you". It's like driving a car, you don't need to worry about adjusting the fuel / air ratio and the electrical switching occuring etc in the car.... you just need to concentrate on the driving part and the car does the rest.

Just do whatever it is you are doing or going to do to draw stuff with DirectX or OpenGL and whichever you use will handle the nitty-gritty of what to put into GPU memory and what to overwrite etc. "If you build it they will come"... "If you draw it it will be drawn".

Perhaps you keep asking because you haven't asked the right question and haven't received the answer you are looking for, and if this is the case please revise your question because... all your answers are belong to us!

Peace y'all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement