I found a use for AOL discs

Started by
21 comments, last by Remnex 23 years ago
Where I live we have a Circuit City and CompUSA and stuff. So, my friends and I went to each of these stores and took about 25 AOL discs each. What is cool is that the cd cases are DVD cases! So, I use them for all my CD-R''s that I buy on the spindles. I just flip over the cover and can label the case. Pointless I know, but you can finally use them! ------------------------------ "I''m a decorated astronaut, I don''t make those kind of mistakes." "Oh now wait a minute. Look I''ll show ya. I''ll enter the same calculations using what we like to call ''The Right Way''." -Rem
------------------------------"I'm a decorated astronaut, I don't make those kind of mistakes.""Oh now wait a minute. Look I'll show ya. I'll enter the same calculations using what we like to call 'The Right Way'."-RemZirem Software
Advertisement
My cousin turns them in to guitar pics, apparently they work quite well. My favorite is the frisby. Its a real weapon.

As Mr Cup always says,
''''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
My brother seems to have an unlimited supply of those damn things that he hurls across the room at me when he feels like inflicting pain. I of course retaliate by throwing any of the few hundered coins I have sitting around my desk...

-Brad
http://www.geocities.com/bradley326/

NO GAME FOR YOU!
NO GAME FOR YOU!
quote:Original post by Remnex

Where I live we have a Circuit City and CompUSA and stuff. So, my friends and I went to each of these stores and took about 25 AOL discs each. What is cool is that the cd cases are DVD cases! So, I use them for all my CD-R''s that I buy on the spindles. I just flip over the cover and can label the case.

Pointless I know, but you can finally use them!

-Rem

I have a friend that created himself a wall of CD using the silver surface of the AOL CD. It''s actually pretty nice but I wouldn''t do it.

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Product Activation Technology!
[Cyberdrek | ]
My school makes mobiles (sp?) out of them, and hangs them on the celing (sp?) of the libary

ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Let''s not forget the tradition use for these damn things: Drink costers.

If everythings possible then it becomes impossible to have the impossible so not everything can be possible right? Or if everythings possible then the impossible no longer exists. Is that possible?
Recipe:

2 AOL CD''s
1 kitchen towel (fuzz-free if possible) Paper can work too, as can light cardboard. The point is to keep melted plastic from gluing to your iron.
1 iron, preheated.
1 ironing board.
1 table edge or other good 90 degree edge

Lay the kitchen towel on the ironing board, flat. Place one AOL CD on the towel, fold the towel over it. Try not to wrinkle.

Take the iron and start moving it across the CD until it gets hot and slightly pliable.

Move the towel containing the CD to the edge while it''s hot, and bend the CD at the middle to a 90 degree angle. Don''t force it, if it doesn''t go willingly heat it some more, though try not to melt the thing utterly. Not like you don''t have another 3 dozen of them to try again until you perfect the technique tho. *shrug*

Use as bookends or CD case ends. For larger books, glue 2 of these CD''s to each other to form a T.

Also, parrots love AOL CD''s to play with.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
quote:Original post by felisandria Also, parrots love AOL CD''s to play with.

They do? I know three parrots that''ll get new toys tomorrow

- JQ
Infiltration: Losing Ground
"Simpson, eh?" -Mr. Burns
"Excellent!" -the above
~phil
quote:Original post by JonnyQuest

They do? I know three parrots that''ll get new toys tomorrow

lol...

:: Jamie Interactive ::
Where the heck do you guys get all those free CDs? Maybe they just don''t ship as many to Canada...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement