Playstation / sega programming

Started by
13 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 5 months ago
To cdj5:
Yes, the Dreamcast devs have the choice to either user DreamCastOS(? made up name ) or WindowsCE and DirectX.
That can be good news for developers since some companies usually have both a console and PC version of their games. And porting WindowsCE code to Win9x/2000 is not rocket science. Also, I heard that the OS is actually burned onto the CD, so that each system is guaranteed to have the same version of CE for a particular game, compleately removing any incompatibility scenario.

Now, why the frown?

Cya,
-OberonZ

---
PAGE FAULT: Please insert "Swap File, Disk 2"
and press any key to continue.
Advertisement
Well for those of you who want to program snes roms games, i have this page that might be good , i dont really know it cause i dont check it and im not really interested in snes games but anyway heres the link
http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~bexxx/snes/snes.html

I think everything you need is here , i'm sure that you could find other page if you do some search !

-----------------------Happiness in slavery !-----------------------
The problems for fast coding on the PlayStation also exist on the N64 platform. The N64 doesn't draw polys very fast at all. In fact a PII-300 can draw polygons faster in software than the N64. The big difference is in the time to draw. Every instruction on the N64 chip is 1 clock tick... YES, EVERY!! There are processes like cache misses that take up some time, but those aren't really INSTRUCTIONS... The end result is that you have more time to draw polygons.
To really take advantage of that time, though, you've got to produce VERY fast code. Yup, ASM again. I really don't know how much Famicom charges for the SDK, though. N64 development is unquestionably expensive, because you sooner or later have to burn everything to a cartridge.

- C.P.I. / ASMiNC

I wonder, whether the programming in PLAYSTATION or SEGA or NINTENDO is different from programming in computer.

For example, if i finished my game on computer, can i convert it easily to PLAYSTATIO or SEGA ???

and can anyone tell me where can i get information about programming GAME in PLAYSTATION or SEGA or NINTENDO ..

thanx a lot .. i really appreciate it

If you want some more info about how to code for the playstation without Sony`s development kit or the yaroze try http://napalm.intelinet.com you obviously cant get anything you make published, but you can burn your own cd roms and give them to your friends.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement