Sign in to follow this  

Using TGEA

This topic is 3809 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey there ;) I'm wondering... Is using TGEA for MMORPG /in-space/ programming a good choice ? And, do you guys have any experience using this engine? Is it worth spending time on it ?

It's a very good game engine, but you will need a lot of programming task to made a MMO from the Torque network engine, remember, a MMO is more than just a network game....

best regards!

The Torque Game Engine is a fantastic solution for indie programmers on a budget who know what they want to make.

That said, it's a game engine; it's not an end-all solution to making whatever great game idea may be in your head. A good engine will provide a whole crap-ton of help in getting some semblance of a game up and running quickly, but it's not going to make the game for you. Think of a good game engine as being a foundation of a house -- it has everything you need to get a good start, but if you don't know how to lay the bricks, you may as well live in a cardboard box.

Quote:
but it's not going to make the game for you.

Truly, viewing the TGEA's page, i was afraid, that this engine will make game for me.
Well, i will need programing - that's true for sure.
One thing i'm not sure - i'll need to write my game in programming language (like C++, i prefer it), not in TGEA script right?

So what for is TGEA script?

Mmm do you know - does TGEA contain documentation how to implemept it to my game, or how to implement my game into TGEA :P

I would like to recommend you to read these reviews of the engine before you decide to buy it.

http://www.devmaster.net/engines/engine_details.php?id=218#reviews

Quote:
Original post by travikk
Truly, viewing the TGEA's page, i was afraid, that this engine will make game for me.
Well, i will need programing - that's true for sure.
One thing i'm not sure - i'll need to write my game in programming language (like C++, i prefer it), not in TGEA script right?

So what for is TGEA script?

Mmm do you know - does TGEA contain documentation how to implemept it to my game, or how to implement my game into TGEA :P

It's very well-documented; you don't have to worry about being completely blind when you start off with the Torque engine whatsoever.

Hmm thanks, for repiles.
And how about using Quake2 Engine? I know, that Lineage II is based on it, and i also know, that it hasn't network library.
Which one would be better for beginner in game-programming ?

This topic is 3809 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.