Help Getting Started!

Started by
2 comments, last by GuyWithBeard 16 years, 9 months ago
I Need Some Help getting started: I Know C++\C#\VB.net which is Better for DirectX and for my application to be ported? My Brother keeps telling me that .NET is better (which it is! also he uses .NET everyday @ his work place) but will it be portable (like Win and Mac) also can i still do 2D Games in DirectX. 3D Will be used later (not good with it) I got a Decent PC: Sony VAIO w/ P4HT and ATI Radeon 9200 (DVI\S-VIDEO\VGA) 128mb also can i add Vibration functions: i have a Logitech RumblePad:
Advertisement
C#, VB .NET, and DirectX are all Windows-only.

Other than that use whatever you feel most comfortable with. It doesn't really matter that much.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
though a lot of DX Games have been Ported to mac.. a company called Aspyr ports win games 2 MacOS X! but anyway. i'd Go with C++ being its the industry Standard but in C#\VB.net there is not many Managed Code Examples and also a distrubuting size would be over 50mb just in DirectX 9.0c and Microsoft .NET Framework.

also is 2D programming supported? like making Run and Jump\Platform.

and can DirectSound Take in OGG? just wondering. i have OpenMPT (Mod Tracker) with MP3 decoder and i don't want to use FMOD for XM\IT\MOD But either OGG Or WMA\MP3

also will any app made in Visual C++ Express 2005 (SP1) under a x86 (32bit) under Vista (64bit) or XP x64 ?
Seriously dude, learn to write whole scentences if you want any help from the people on this forum.

//chinc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement