[web] cms, phpbb, blog - simplicity

Started by
3 comments, last by FableFox 16 years, 9 months ago
Right now I hae a website / blog using WordPress. Please note that I bought a hosting. http://www.fablefox.com Anyway, I think it's time to move on from blog to simple cms, as I want to automate ads, and things like that. I want my site to look like this: http://www.phpbb2.de/ Does that site use phpBB for cms or what? I'm still new at CMS, and I use autoinstall for my wordpress. My site doesn't need bell and whistles, just it look like phpbb2.de, and has my current banner (which I can redisgn to fit the template). On the topic, does anyone know of a very simple cms (content management system) that is easy to set up and learn, and improve on.
Advertisement
and as I google, I need opinion on Joomla.

- how easy to post news item?
- how esy it is to extend?
- how easy to create a theme?

and as I google, I need opinion on Drupal.

and as I google, I need opinion on PHP-Nuke.

If I have to choose, which should I pick?

And does the phpbb2 site that i show is using any of these?

some people are turning me away from PHP nuke, saying it's hard. (please note that i'm a hobbisyist game programmer, given enough info i'll be able to handle the problem)

and it seems that php nuke look almost exaclt the site i want to mimic phpbb2?

should i use php nuke?
Quote:and as I google, I need opinion on PHP-Nuke.

Stay far, far away from PHP-Nuke and anything derived from it (PostNuke, Dragonfly, XOOPS, etcetera). The codebase is horrible and full of security flaws.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

Joomla is very easy to extend, theme, and use. Haven't used Drupal but compared to Nuke Joomla is very nice.
uh, even the web moderator ask me to stay away - wow. Nuke is that scary :-)

need to learn Joomla even more then :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement