"Undead vs Human" a casual RTS project.

Started by
12 comments, last by utilae 16 years, 9 months ago
If anything the Zombies should have a smaller radius. They are dead after all.

M.
<work in progress>
Advertisement
Hehe, very true.

One thing I left out as I was reading up a few minutes ago:

Revenants are completely invisible until they begin to channel the "Dimensional Rift". So they can be strategically placed before channeling the Rift.

In regards to balance, I don't think I'm going to allow humans to see the revenants be creation of any kind of stealth detection because in real life...(haha) you wouldn't see a ghost if it didn't want to be seen. Previously, there will be a second or two you can kill one during the rift.

Because humans will never see Revenants, the Dimensional Rift cannot be used to destroy buildings.
I think you need a ranged unit for the undead race. Perhaps a wraith that spits corrosive acid? Also, you may want to consider starting the farmers off with pitchforks in lieu of shotguns to start with. The shotgun would make a nice, early upgrade in the game.

Also, while were on the subject of other interesting units..... how about a necromancer that brings back zombies/fallen humans from the dead? Or medics that heal wounded human units?
Quote:Original post by M Eversberg II
I disagree. With something like this, less is more with units.

If you have too few units (like the three per side in this case) then the game gets boring, as variety adds alot of different strategies. Though I understand that a really well built game with few units can make for a good game because there are few strategies, but better balance.

HTML5, iOS and Android Game Development using Corona SDK and moai SDK

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement