XNA and Apple

Started by
4 comments, last by superpig 16 years, 9 months ago
Hey, I'm a first time poster but long time viewer of GD and I'm in a little bind. I recently purchaced a Macbook Pro and installed C# express edition fine, but when I try to install XNA 1.0 refresh it keeps telling me that C# hasn't been installed (which is not true since I immediatly registered it). XNA works fine on my desktop so either Microsoft made a security block with the Refresh edition or there are some constraints to bootcamp. Has anyone had this issue and resolved it? Thx in advance. P.S. My apologies to the admins, but I had just recently made a new account since I thought I lost the password to this account. The account is called Zeraf and am hoping to have it removed (hope I don't get into trouble :( )
Advertisement
did you install C# express sp1? Refresh needs sp1 to be installed, but then again maybe it can't be installed on a mac but my guess is it is because it isn't sp1.
Are you running as an administrator?

EDIT: and yeah, you need C# Express SP1. Quite why they don't distribute the download on their site with it built in I don't know...

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I downloaded the IDE recently, so I'm assuming it comes with it but I'm not totally sure.

@superpig: No I am not an admin, as I mentioned this is my first time posting on GD and made the stupid error of making a new account just before I new that I had to reset my password.

Edit: WHOOPS, apparently SP1 does not come with it and I got XNA to install thanks to your suggestion. So once again, thanks for the quick replies.
I do believe superpig was actually asking if you were running your operating system with your administrator account. :P
Ok.
Er, yeah. If you had an administrator account on GDNet I'd like to think I'd know about it. [grin]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement