Sign in to follow this  
fletschge

Unity dynamic contents - scripting language?

Hi you guys I wonder how to implement dynamic contents in cpp/OGL. I've been told to consider lua, but I have no idea where to begin at. the idea I'm looking for is to store camera movements, objects, basically procedures in scripting files. how does the community handle such problems? What about professional games? I hope you understand my question, otherwise ask me please. greetings

How dynamic are the contents? Must they be changed at runtime? In-between runs? Should they be edited with a text editor, or is a map editor better?

Depending on your answers, I would suggest a text-based description language (lua/python/XML), an external binary file, or hardcoding the values in the program.

I'd like to store actions/procedures like movements, waypoints or object locations in textfiles. The reason I want this is that I don't want to hardcode everything in my sourcefiles. For example: I got a lot of spheres in my OGL project, but they have to be dynamic -> location, size, whatever other attribute in files. In another script file, lets assume it contains camera routines, I want the camera to fly around an object. For that, I'd like to have THIS code in a script file.

I hope you're able to read my text, sorry for the bad english.

greetings

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By sprotz
      I like unity3d but the installation size is too big. the package itself is 1GB and the installation is 5GB. What are some good, easy 3d game engines similar to Unity that have smaller file sizes? Excluding engines that lack editors like level editors, world editors etc, with an easy enough scripting language, physics and good documentation.
    • By Canislupus54

I'm looking for a team to help me out with a 3D platformer. Basically, you jump between platforms with parkour elements and you fight enemies with a mix of melee and ranged attacks. This is purely a hobby project. I'm not promising any payment, ever. You can do it for experience, to learn, for fun, whatever, as long as you don't expect to get paid. Right now I need a 3D modeler and animator. Reply or email me at jordestoj@yahoo.com if you're interested. Thanks.
    • By Pixelated_Nate
      Hi all!
      We are looking for a C# programmer for our 2D Action RPG titled Adavia, made in Unity.
      The game itself is akin to Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, though we're also adding in traditional RPG elements such as Character Creation.
      This is more of a hobby than anything commercial, if it somehow does manage to go commercially, all revenue will be split equally among the team.
      If you're interested, we ask that you be comfortable with:
      Unity Coding A.I's for enemies and NPCs. Working with GUI's. Communicating regularly with the team via Skype (text only). If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact me at nathan.jenkins1012@gmail.com

• By MrGiratinaORIGINAL

I'm the co-director of LM Team, a 7-member team currently constructing a fangame based upon the Mega Man series. We've been working for about 2 years now, and both of our current programmers are busy for the next 6 months or so. Because of this, we're currently looking for a programmer (or more) to take care of gameplay and animation programming. We already have a base system in place that may optionally be built upon. This will be a hobby project to invest your free time in, not a gamedev gig.
      We're currently about 67% done with the OST, 75% done with the design work, and 33% done with the graphical work. As such, the specifications of what we need should remain pretty stagnant from now on.
      Here's some links of our team's work, to give you an idea of what we're currently capable of achieving:
      Actual Y+1 Stuff:
      - Current public playlist of music
      - Old footage of the first boss of the game, since been altered slightly based on feedback
      - Mockups
      m9m (director, composer):

- Grand Dad Reboot - Ominous Cavern
      - Lands of Onlup
      - Mega Man Revolution Remix - Wily 2
      MrKyurem (co-director, main designer, me):
      - Boil Man - 10th place in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 Contest
      NaOH (programmer [not programmer who is currently working on the engine]):
      - Programmer for Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 Contest's release game (did co-op mode and leaderboard functionality)
      - 15 years of programming experience
      - Castlevania 3 controls romhack
      - GML code beautifier
      - Beat-Em-Up engine
      Alm (artist):
      - Cutscene for a personal project
      - Tileset for Boil Man's stage in MaGMML2
      - Concept sprite
      Valo (artist):
      - Jungle Man tileset in Mega Man SD
      - Boxart for Mega Man SD
      - Wily sprite
      Karakato (artist):
      - Robot Masters in BCA
      - Idol Woman
      - Stage Select for separate project
      Deathro (composer):
      - Through the Eye of a Prism - 2nd place in Famicompo 2015's Original category
      - Mega Man SFR - Wily 2
      - Geno Force - Silent Breeze
      Contact
      If you're interested in joining, I'd recommend signing up to Discord, as we almost exclusively communicate through this.
      Discord Tags:
      MrKyurem#8741
      m9m#1104
      Email:
      LMTeam.Y1@gmail.com
    • By ilovegames
      You are the commander of a special forces squadron. You were given a task that appeared simple at first glance - to check for suspicious activity in the building of an abandoned psychiatric hospital. But you could not even imagine what you will actually have to face.
      Download https://falcoware.com/HospitalSurvival.php

• Popular Now