Photoshop 6.0 help with tga files !

Started by
12 comments, last by Jarrod1937 16 years, 9 months ago
I use photosphop to put a green (R:0, G:255, B:0) background on images. In my game the green disappear and becomes transparent, just like movies special effects. I use the eraser tool with photoshop to turn parts of the image into green, and I save as a .tga file. Simple. But in my game there is a black border (1 pixel) around everything that was green in photoshop. Of course this border doesn't show up in photoshop. Annoying. I managed to have one tga file that don't have that black border in the game, but don't know how I did it back then. If someone can help me... please !
Advertisement
e-mail me the file at metalgearsolido8 at hotmail.com and i'll take a look.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Are you sure it's not OpenGL or D3D adding the border? Perhaps paste the source you use to create the texture.

Quote:Original post by taby
Are you sure it's not OpenGL or D3D adding the border? Photoshop doesn't automagically add things to your images.

yeah, i was going to ask the samething, but figured i'd take a look at his texture first.

I emailed you all the stuff...

and I use D3D and here is the code :

Enable transparency :
	pDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ALPHAFUNC, D3DCMP_GREATER );	pDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ALPHATESTENABLE, TRUE);

Texture creation code :
	rslt=D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx(pDevice, imageFile, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT,								  D3DX_DEFAULT, 0, D3DFMT_UNKNOWN, D3DPOOL_MANAGED,								  D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,255,0), &in, NULL, &texture);

Pretty basic..
there is a slight white outline around everything in the ccc.tga file that is non-existant in the zombie62.tga. however other than that there is no reason for the blackoutline, i'd imagien it would be something in your code that is causing the black outline to appear. try cleaning up the white outline and see if it gives you the black outline.
I'll check this withe outline after work and give you some feedback.
Thanks for taking some of your time to check my files !
Quote:Original post by Juksosah
I'll check this withe outline after work and give you some feedback.
Thanks for taking some of your time to check my files !

np, and i could even cleanup the white outline for you, i just took a few minutes glance at it because i was getting ready for work, but once i get home i wouldn't mind cleanign ti up for you.
Go ahead if you want to remove the white border. I see it in the upper part the image, but I can't see this border around the left arm, where I put some green color too.

And by the way, could you add some green spots on it (ccc.tga) ?

Just in case I messed with photoshop's configuration.

Thanks again.

Edit : I suspect the alpha channel when saving in .tga .. I'll continue to experiment.

[Edited by - Juksosah on July 9, 2007 9:19:32 PM]
sorry i got a bit more busy than i was expecting after work. if you haven't worked on the files yet i will get around to it later today.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement