Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Which books to read

This topic is 3807 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I was wondering everyone says that to become a game developer, you must read a lot of book and have a lot of experience... Hmmmm.... Then what book should I read, I mean I must start from somewhere? I want to learn C# and XNA and to do that i have to be very good in programing. So is there a book that explains C# step by step easy and simple from beginning to professional programer so i can switch to XNA. Then goes the same question ==>which book should i read for XNA some people says that Professional XNA Game Programming: For Xbox 360 and Windows by Benjamin Nitschke is good but i want to hear from someone that have read this book is it good for reading... Any suggestions for good books?

I have been reading Beginning C# 2005 and its helping me understand it C# much better.

http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764578472.html

I'm also following along in the C# Workshop forum. I have Benjamin Nitschke's book but I haven't read through it yet completely so I can't give a recommendation on that but you should have a pretty good understanding of C# before you read it.

There are people here with much more experience than me - I've only been programming for a year now. But one thing I can definitely recommend is to get a book on the fundamentals of programming in general - along with a good C# book. Knowing C# won't get you anywhere until you know how to put together a program. One book in this vein that has been something like gospel to me is called Code Complete 2nd Edition by Steve McConnell. It's an absolutely tremendous resource.

As far as C# specific books, I got the most out of the O'Reily books - Learning C# 2005 and Programming C# 2005. Also, I learned a lot from the C# video tutorials at www.learnvisualstudio.net.

This topic is 3807 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.