Sign in to follow this  

Joystick with Raw Input?

This topic is 3813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using Raw Input API in my application to get input data. As far as keyboard and mouse are concerned, it works fine. But having problems with joystick. First is, i get continuous input events for joystick in my raw input message handler function when the device is attached and even if i dont press any button, it continuous to receive messages as if the device is being used. This is not the case with keyboard and mouse. Second is, how do i use the information received from the joystick. There is RAWMOUSE that gives mouse information, RAWKEYBOARD for keys pressed. But RAWHID has typedef struct tagRAWHID { DWORD dwSizeHid; // byte size of each report DWORD dwCount; // number of input packed BYTE bRawData[1]; } RAWHID, *PRAWHID, *LPRAWHID; this format. How do i use the BYTE array to determine which joystick function is used? Thanks for any help.

This topic is 3813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.