Sign in to follow this  
ade-the-heat

How to stop apps starting up on boot up of windows

ade-the-heat    163
I know I should know this! On starting my laptop I get about 4 apps start up every time, Dell Network Assistant, Corel Draw, Paint Shop Pro etc How do I stop all this ? I can't find it in Control Panel. cheers

tstrimp    1798
In your start menu select 'Run...' and type 'msconfig' press enter and it's the last 2 tabs Services and Startup. Yours sound like items that would be found in Startup.

Dave Hunt    4872
Also, check the "Startup" folder on your Start menu. You can delete them directly from there (if they are startup items and not services).

smitty1276    560
Quote:
Original post by Dave Hunt
Also, check the "Startup" folder on your Start menu. You can delete them directly from there (if they are startup items and not services).
I don't think those are the same thing. I have like 20 things in my startup list, but only one in the startup folder. Maybe it starts everything in the startup list AND everything in the folder? I've never really understood that (or tried, admittedly).

Palidine    1315
Quote:

This was true for win95 & win98 but not for 2000 or XP or vista. 2000/XP use msconfig. for vista there's now a Control Panel option

-me

Dave Hunt    4872
Quote:
Original post by Palidine
Quote:

This was true for win95 & win98 but not for 2000 or XP or vista. 2000/XP use msconfig. for vista there's now a Control Panel option

-me

Works just fine for me on XP. It just depends on how the application was installed. Some appear in the Startup menu and some don't.