Error!!!

Started by
8 comments, last by Durfy 16 years, 9 months ago
Hi guys, i' m new here and i' m Italian (so i hope you understand my english). I have one problem: i tried to compile the code of the 1st tutorial, but after compiling appears a window with this massage(i use Dev-C++): C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x38):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glViewport@16' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x45):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x4d):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x84):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `gluPerspective@32' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x91):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x99):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0xb7):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glShadeModel@4' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0xd1):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glClearColor@16' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0xe0):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glClearDepth@8' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0xf0):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glEnable@4' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x100):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glDepthFunc@4' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x115):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glHint@8' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x13b):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glClear@4' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x143):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x258):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `wglMakeCurrent@8' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x282):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `wglDeleteContext@4' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x854):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `ChoosePixelFormat@8' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x898):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `SetPixelFormat@12' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x8ce):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `wglCreateContext@4' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0x914):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `wglMakeCurrent@8' C:\DOCUME~1\pio\IMPOST~1\Temp\cceGbaaa.o(.text+0xc2f):lesson1.cpp: undefined reference to `SwapBuffers@4' I don't know where is the error, the code is the original code of the tutorial. I hope you can help me, thanks!
Advertisement
That is a link-time error, not a compile-time error. You need to add the opengl32 and glu32 to the list of libraries to link to. Download the Dev-C++ version of the tutorial and have a look at how the project is set up.
(I assume you mean NeHe tutorial 1. If not, download it anyway and it will show you what settings you need.)
Sorry for my stupidity, but how can I add those library in Dev-C++, i didn't find where to add theme. Do you know? Thanks!
On the Project menu, select Project Options. There should be a place there to add additional linker command-line options. Enter -lopengl32 and -lglu32.
OK, i've done it. I have added these library: lopengl32, lglu32 and glaux32, but there is still some link error(only a few):

c:\opengl\lesson01\lesson01\lesson.o(.text+0x854):lesson.cpp: undefined reference to `ChoosePixelFormat@8'
c:\opengl\lesson01\lesson01\lesson.o(.text+0x898):lesson.cpp: undefined reference to `SetPixelFormat@12'
c:\opengl\lesson01\lesson01\lesson.o(.text+0xc2f):lesson.cpp: undefined reference to `SwapBuffers@4'

What library do I miss?
Thanks!
kernel32, user32 and or gdi32. You can search for the undefined references on msdn and it will tell you exactly which library you need
Now, i tried to use Microsoft Visual C++, but it gives me this error after building (it compiles with no error) :

LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Lesson1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Lesson1.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I don't know what it means!
It means you are missing the main() function.
It means that you created a console application rather than a Win32 application. Console applications expect a main function. Win32 applications expect a WinMain.

Make sure you select the correct project type when you create the project.
File->New->Project... choose WIN32 PROJECT (don't choose console) then paste your code in add your libraries to the project settings. Compile...
You should be good after that.
-durfy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement