Sign in to follow this  
Sfpiano

Looking for a easy, well-documented C++ GUI

Sfpiano    126
I'm getting sick of MFC, and am looking for a cleaner, easier GUI library to use. I've been looking into wxwidgets and smartwin, but my problem with those is that the documentation is too black and white and there are no tutorials past a Hello World app. They give you a bunch of examples of each thing individually, but when trying to implement multiple things together I'm having trouble getting everything to work. (In my case the splitter class). Are there any out there that are easy to pick up, or am I stuck wading through code? [Edited by - Sfpiano on July 10, 2007 10:49:43 PM]

zerotri    274
is your project open-source?
Qt allows open source development for free, and it's got fantastic documentation, great examples and a well developed code-base due to it's commercial development.
check it out.

Degorath    100
I would DEFINITELY suggest Fox (www.fox-toolkit-org). It's multi-platform and I think open source as well. It's EXTREMELY well documented and is updated often. Also, the forums there answer many MANY questions. I used it last year and found it (albeit a little bit more complex than Qt) to be much more powerful.

Driv3MeFar    1080
Quote:
Original post by Sfpiano
I've been looking into wxwidgets and smartwin, but my problem with those is that the documentation is too black and white

How do you mean? I find the wxWidgets documentation excellent, and highly recommend the library.