Sign in to follow this  
wekiller

Hello new here

wekiller    122
Hello im new here and i just wanna say hello and ask a question. =) well i just wanted to start to program games and i have goal and i know what kind of game i want to creat, and i have long time to creat this game i know it will propably take couple of years but still i want to do this. the hing i need to know is if u can tell me all the programs and evrything absolutly evrything u need to start making. the kind of game i want to make is Counter-strike/Natural-selection/Battlefield. so if u could tell me i would realy eprisiate it thnx.

Omega147    536
Hey wekiller, welcome to GameDev. For all your newcomer needs, check out GameDev's For Beginners section, which will answer many of your questions. Just follow the links at the top of the beginner's section and you should be able to find what you're after. Post if you have further questions. :)

Degorath    100
Heya!

Welcome to GameDev. I've only been here a few weeks myself so we're both newbies :>

Anyhow, concerning your game, I've been programming for 16 years now but apparently being a good programmer in general is only half the fight (if not less). So I would suggest exactly what I'm doing now: Start BASIC! I've started doing some complex games in the past but it never works out. Trust me, if you start out small you'll learn tons of little nuances that will make your next game even better. Also, feel free to PM me on any questions you have, I'm on a lot and can help you with lost of the basic stuff you might not know as well as some more theoretical things like calculus and graphics.

I hope you enjoy your stay!
D