DirectX vs game engines

Started by
2 comments, last by Willybood 16 years, 9 months ago
This was originally in beginners, but I wasn't getting any replys, and thought this topic might be more relevant to my problem Im a recently graduated computer science student, interested in getting into game programming, Ive been teaching myself directX recently with Reimers tutorials (http://www.riemers.net/), but are having some trouble adapting the code into my own library or finding any other good directX tutorials online. I was wondering, both if anyone knew of any ones they could recommend (preferably a c# one, but as long as its good I don't mind that much) or if theres any good game libraries they would recommend (again, c# preferably)? If I decided to apply for a game programming job in the future would it look better to know more directX? Thanks for your help
Advertisement
maybe look in to XNA?

if u want a game programming job, you are more likely to use c/c++ than c#
most game companys use c# for tools only
The Alternative Libraries list of free libraries. Also the DevMaster list of engines. Ogre and Irrlicht are two of the more common rendering engines. The Jad Engine is the only C# one I know offhand.

Quote:
If I decided to apply for a game programming job in the future would it look better to know more directX?

It'd be better to know fundamental graphics programming theory, independent of either GL or D3D. This is a great book on the subject.
Thanks, that pretty much covers what I needed to know

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement