Sign in to follow this  
ehmdjii

compiled with VS2005 - doesnt run

ehmdjii    238
hello, i wrote a c++ program with VS2005 professional. but when i try to redistribute the exe to computers without VS2005 i doesnt run. this is the error: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. what could be the problem? thanks!

Buster2000    4310
I get that a lot when I use Team Studio and try to run it on another machine it's something to do with a side by side error or something.
If anybody else has a fix for this I'd like to know too as at the moment It's a pain.

bubu LV    1436
Either distribute msvcr80.dll/msvcrp80.dll with your exe file, or change compiler settings to use statically linkable runtime library (Project Settings -> C/C++ -> compiler -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library = Multi-threaded)

Exab    148
I'd really like to know what is causing this, we sometimes get that at school when compiling some software on a machine then going to an other one that doesn't have the same hardware as the others.

So we just recompile it on the other computer and it works. Nobody really knows why it's doing that...