Sign in to follow this  
CoderGuy

OpenSceneGraph 2.0, Collada, and cmake

CoderGuy    130
I originally posted this in the Unix thread last night, but I'll post here as well because I'm stumped. Here's what I said in the Unix post. I'm currently stuck on trying to build OSG 2.0. I am using a 64 bit computer and I could run OpenSceneGraph 1.2 just fine on it, but I couldn't get Collada to work as I want to use it in my game. I've looked online for the solution and I'm famillar with -fPIC as I've had to use that to get other things to work as well. I've used -fPIC in CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, but I think that Collada has some cmake problems. Did anyone get the osgdb_dae plugin to work on their 64 bit computer? I'm running Fedora Core 6. EDIT: I'm also pointing correctly to the Collada include directory in /usr/include/collada and the COLLADA_LIBRARY environment variable is pointing to /usr/lib64/libcollada_dom.a. I built Collada with make RELEASE=1 and then make install RELEASE=1, and copied the libcollada_dae.a and libcollada_dom.a to /usr/lib64, and I've tried /usr/local/lib64 too. Here's the error message. Linking CXX shared module ../../../lib/osgPlugins-2.0.0/osgdb_dae.so /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libcollada_dom.a(domAccessor.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC /usr/lib64/libcollada_dom.a: could not read symbols: Bad value collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[2]: *** [lib/osgPlugins-2.0.0/osgdb_dae.so] Error 1 make[1]: *** [src/osgPlugins/dae/CMakeFiles/osgdb_dae.dir/all] Error 2 make: *** [all] Error 2 If anyone has gotten it to work using a 64 bit computer with Linux, what did you do? If I use ccmake . and remove the path for hte include directory and library directory for Collada then OpenSceneGraph builds fine. Any idea what's wrong?