Sign in to follow this  
Sevans

Tile Organization Tool

Sevans    204
Hi, I have been using a map editor that only supports 1 texture file per map. It has begun to become a pain. I have been copying and pasting sections of tiles from one tile file into another tile file for far too long. Has anyone heard of an organizational tool that will do this for you? Something along the lines of letting you drag and drop tiles from one image to another? Thanks much, -Sevans

Sevans    204
Yeah, just a pain to write a new converter for a different map editor file format, but I think that is what I am going to do. I am definitely going to keep the tile organizer idea around, and maybe implement one myself.

-Sevans

BornToCode    1185
Well i have an editor i wrote that does that, but i wish i could share it with you at the moment. The reason i cannot share it is because it is part of the game that i will be releasing at the end of the year, and i will be charging for the game.

This is a link to the old interface of the editor, this version did not support multiple tile sheet, but the new one does. so just take a look at it.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=365094

PS: As soon as the game comes out, which i cannot release any info at the moment, you will be able to use the editor for your own use, that is if you buy the game.

Sevans    204
Thanks Born2Code :) At least now I know it is a very useful idea. I am debating between changing the map editor since it is open source, or writing my own organization tool. We'll see.

Thanks again,

-Sevans