Need Help

Started by
3 comments, last by Ravuya 16 years, 9 months ago
Hi guys Im a new programm learner who is still learning C, and me and my brother try to improve our skills and designed a RTS game, and i wonder for program a RTS game what skills should i focus on, or please tell me a good engine to work with. Thanks
Advertisement
Woops sorry guys creat antoher1 by accident
There is a forum called For Beginners which you will probably find very helpful. At the top of the For Beginners forum there are some threads called 'stickies' which are often useful in understanding what is expected in a forum. Above that is the For Beginners Frequently Asked Questions which you may also find helpful.

Perhaps you have already read all these, so I will continue and answer your question.

You probably don't want to start with C. At the very least C++ is a major improvement to C but I believe to start learning how to program you would be better off with something like C#, python or ruby. There is a particually awesome guide to ruby called Why’s (Poignant) Guide to Ruby.

A great place to start programming games is in 2D. A lot of the complicated mathematics don't exist, you don't have to worry about creating 3D models, and you don't have to muck around with cameras. There are quite a few 2D engines, a quick google with "2D engine C#" should come up with plenty of hopefuls.

If you decide that C++ is the way to go I've heard good things about Haaf's Game Engine.
Thank you for these information.:)
Duplicate thread, locked.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement