Is my power strip dying?

Started by
0 comments, last by tHiSiSbOb 16 years, 9 months ago
My computer, speakers, and monitor are all plugged into the same power strip. Last night, I noticed that the power strip's light was quickly flashing on and off in a random pattern; it's usually solid. I figured it would be best to turn off my computer. The moment that my computer was off, the flashing stopped. This morning, I get up, turn on my computer, and scream in horror. My monitor is doing the same thing that my horrid, dead Windows 98 computer did just before we junked it; the entire screen is black, save for two small curves at the very top of the screen. They are, instead, a metallic gray and slowly change shape while moving up into the top of the screen. However, the power strip's light was solid. I turned off my computer, and tried again. It worked just fine. Any ideas? I'd think that my power strip is faltering, but I really don't know.
Advertisement
I suggest you try a new power strip...You can get a good one for fairly little money. Also, I would do it fairly soon because power fluctuations are pretty bad for computers and if the strip isn't reliable, it could potentially damage your system.
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement