• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Niksan2

[.net] COM Interops [Solved]

This topic is 4116 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello again :) I've a worker library that contains many things for dealing with all sort of gibbens, and one of the components within it is a interface to talk with photoshop, initially I put Photoshop 9 in the references which then creates a Interop.Photoshop.dll, which is all fine and dandy. The trouble is now I'm having to support CS3 as for whatever reason that's what we are having to buy, unfortuantly I can't add both V9 and CS3 in the reference folder if one already exists, studio tells me to remove the other reference, I guess this is because it's sharing the same friendly name. So, is it possible to create these interop dll's and give it your own friendly name so both can be added to a project, as in, generate them outside vis studio IDE and then include the generated assemblies ? I could maintain two seperate class libraries but would be nice for the class library to try one and if it fails try the other. Cheers. Nik. [Edited by - Niksan2 on July 12, 2007 10:45:00 AM]

Advertisement
Nm, sorted it, soz for wasting peoples time.

[Edited by - Niksan2 on July 12, 2007 10:14:45 AM]

Ignore that, it doesn't seem to work on the dll I'm passing (not a valid type library), so I guess does anyone know what vis studio IDE does with normal com dll's that are not type libraries ?

TIA.

Nik.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!