• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Code::BLocks IDE .. A question from a beginner

This topic is 3966 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey i have been told by a few people on GameDev that i should switch to Code::Blocks IDE from my old compiler, Microsoft Visual C++ Express Ed. 2005. I visited the website and entered the "Downloads" section, but got confused. I talked about "Nightly Doanload Screenshots" and stuff, and i could figure out really how to just download Code::BLocks. Any help would be great!

Advertisement
Try this download:
http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=codeblocks&filename=codeblocks-1.0rc2_mingw.exe&use_mirror=superb-west
-durfy

Durfy ok i went to the link, but each time my INternet shut down.. I searched for Code::Blocks myselfon Sourceforge and found it, but should i download the "Binaries," "Developement SDK",or the "Source" pakage??

The binaries are just the libaries... Usually the sdk contains what you need to use the libraries + documentation... So if you want to have docs download the sdk.
-durfy (btw sdk = software development kit)

I tried but every time i try to download it, it says "Microsoft Internet Explorer needs to Close" and it closes the internet

I would advise against getting RC2 and instead going for a nightly build.

But I would have to question why you feel you should stop using visual studio: it is a very mature IDE (certainly more so than c::b).

Quote:
Original post by Deadcell
well mostly problem with I/O .. cin and cout and /n and /t and some stuff like that

"\" is the escape character, not "/". As for cin and cout, I would imagine that you're not using the proper namespace. cout and cin belong to the std namespace -- they need to be prefixed with std:: (ie, std::cout).

Switching from code::blocks to visual studio isn't going to change any of those. Code::blocks is essentially a glorified text editor. Changing your compiler won't help either, because the above is standard.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!