Code::BLocks IDE .. A question from a beginner

Started by
12 comments, last by Durfy 16 years, 9 months ago
Hey i have been told by a few people on GameDev that i should switch to Code::Blocks IDE from my old compiler, Microsoft Visual C++ Express Ed. 2005. I visited the website and entered the "Downloads" section, but got confused. I talked about "Nightly Doanload Screenshots" and stuff, and i could figure out really how to just download Code::BLocks. Any help would be great!
Advertisement
Try this download:
http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=codeblocks&filename=codeblocks-1.0rc2_mingw.exe&use_mirror=superb-west
-durfy
Durfy ok i went to the link, but each time my INternet shut down.. I searched for Code::Blocks myselfon Sourceforge and found it, but should i download the "Binaries," "Developement SDK",or the "Source" pakage??
The binaries are just the libaries... Usually the sdk contains what you need to use the libraries + documentation... So if you want to have docs download the sdk.
-durfy (btw sdk = software development kit)
I tried but every time i try to download it, it says "Microsoft Internet Explorer needs to Close" and it closes the internet
try firefox? If you dont have ff www.firefox.com
-durfy
What problems were you having with Visual C++ Express Edition that would entail switching to Code::Blocks?

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

I would advise against getting RC2 and instead going for a nightly build.

But I would have to question why you feel you should stop using visual studio: it is a very mature IDE (certainly more so than c::b).
well mostly problem with I/O .. cin and cout and /n and /t and some stuff like that
Quote:Original post by Deadcell
well mostly problem with I/O .. cin and cout and /n and /t and some stuff like that

"\" is the escape character, not "/". As for cin and cout, I would imagine that you're not using the proper namespace. cout and cin belong to the std namespace -- they need to be prefixed with std:: (ie, std::cout).

Switching from code::blocks to visual studio isn't going to change any of those. Code::blocks is essentially a glorified text editor. Changing your compiler won't help either, because the above is standard.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement