• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kRogue

FBOs and stencil buffer:

This topic is 3996 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am doing well at this point of using FBO, can attach color texture, and depth-stencil texture to render to, and it all works fine, but the last thing I want to do is to "copy" the depth-stencil texture that I have on the FBO to the "real" framebuffer, for color textures it is just glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D), glBindTexture() and then draw a rectangle, but what abut getting the stencil and depth data into the framebuffer?

Advertisement
Hi,

this post (http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=015312

right?

actually, I am more concerned with the stencil buffer, i.e. I want to get the values of the stencil buffer into the "usual" framebuffer, naturally, the question comes up that the resolution of the two are not the same, but I figured the GL_NEAREST for the min and mag filters would make it all ok....

Note: I think you misunderstood the issue 11):

Quote:

11) Should blits be allowed between buffers of different __bit__ sizes?
Resolved: Yes, for color buffers only. Attempting to blit
between depth or stencil buffers of different size generates
INVALID_OPERATION.

my emphasis on __bit__, i.e. how many bits per pixel for depth and stencil, it is not about if the FBO's are different resolutions... however I tried blitting to a smaller area with the depth and stencil buffers with GL_NEAREST, and the results where not *I think* correct... but it is not so easy to tell, however, the nVidia hardware (GeForce6600GT) did not generate any errors, so I guess it is *supposed* to be ok.

[Edited by - kRogue on July 12, 2007 10:50:06 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!