• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
GuitarPlayer0912

Transparency on toolbar

This topic is 4054 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone, as with all of my posts I'm using c++ and the Win32 API. I'm rather new to using toolbars, and it's getting to the point where I want to add bitmaps to each button. I know how to do that using TBADDBITMAP and all that stuff, but I don't want the entire bitmap to show. There needs to be transparent parts in the image, and I don't know how to do that. Although, I was messing around with colors, and I found that straight blue RGB(0, 0, 255) acted as a transparent color. So I guess I'm asking if there is any rule to this transparency, or are there other transparent colors so I don't accidentally use them in the image?

Advertisement
Transparancy is usually determined by palette order, and the first colour in the palette is usually transparant. It will have nothing to do with the actual colour value you use.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!