• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

My VMR9 VIdeo Player doesn't quite exit

This topic is 3846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I've built an app which plays video in a directX window, basing it on the VMR9Allocator sample. Its working well, except for when I close the app. When I am debugging, I notice in MSVC2005, the Run button remains greyed out. When not debugging, the application seems to exit normally, but there is still a process running in task manager, with 99pc CPU! I imagine this is a process/thread related to the video playback, is there anyway I can KILL ALL THREADS! Even a crude exit(0); doesn't work, well , it was worth a try! Thanks Simon

Advertisement
It is possible that you aren't releasing all stuff as needed. Some pieces of code may prevent you of normally exiting application, and after application exit program stays resident in memory doing rendering loop again and again (thats 99% cpu usage)...
Make sure that all stuff is released, but this may be just one problem. On the other hand some other code pieces can be problematic and preventing your program to exit normally.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement