• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nekobasu33

HIDE windows title bar of a program

This topic is 4091 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way to remove/hide the title bar of a window? Maybe from inside the window (control panel or registry) or from outside by creating a stand alone win32 program. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
You need to change the window style to remove the caption bar. If the program is your own you can just use SetWindowLong and pass ~WS_CAPTION along with any other option you want. If it's a remote program you can use one of many bajillion ways to start a remote thread and call SetWindowLong. Check msdn if you dont know those functions/constants.

I do not have access to the source code, I only have the executable file.
All I need to do is just to remove the existing program's title bar on local machine.

Quote:
Original post by cshowe
Why do you need to do this?
Seconded.

Anyway, you don't need to inject a DLL into the application, you just need to get it's window handle using Spy++ or any other window finding tool if you want to do this as a one-off, or by using FindWindowEx, passing the window title and/or classname (Classname you can get from Spy++).
Once you have the window handle, you can call SetWindowLong on it, even if the window belongs to another process. It's only on Windows 9x systems that the window needs to belong to the current process.

After that, you need to use SetWindowPos(), passing the SWP_FRAMECHANGED flag to force Windows to update the window frame.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!